Nine area graduates have a diploma in one hand and a Federated scholarship in the other.
The Federated Rural Electric Trust recently awarded nine $700 scholarships. One scholarship was awarded in each of the six Federated districts, plus three more to the son/daughter of a Federated member for District At-Large where remaining applicants had a second chance to win. These are the same districts used for the co-op’s director elections.
The recipients are:
· District 1: Calvin Stumpf, Lakefield, Heron Lake-Okabena High School.
· District 2: Carson Schneekloth, Jackson, Jackson County Central High School.
· District 3: Reese Adkins, Jackson, Jackson County Central High School.
· District 4: Morgan Curtis, Sherburn. Martin County West High School.
· District 5: Gavin Rodning, Fairmont. Fairmont Area High School.
· District 6: Alyssa Wiederhoeft, Northrop. Martin Luther High School.
· At-Large District: Jacob Moeller, Fairmont, Granada Huntley East Chain High School. Kolton Fritz, Fairmont. Fairmont Area High School; and Keenan Ambrose, Jackson County Central High School.
Thirty-three students completed Federated’s short scholarship application. This is the 20th year that students had to apply. The $6,300 worth of scholarships comes from Operation Round Up funds.