top of page

Worthington family of six displaced after Friday fire

A Friday afternoon Worthington house fire that started in the kitchen has displaced a family of six.

Worthington Fire Chief Pat Shorter said Friday evening that the home, located at 311 10th Ave., was saved, as a majority of the smoke from the fire was sucked out of the kitchen window and little water used to extinguish the fire. Still, Shorter said, months of repairs will be needed to the residence, and the American Red Cross was contacted to help the family, which includes a 6-month old baby.

Worthington firefighters were dispatched to the fire at 3:31 p.m. Friday, and they could into enter the home at first because of an abundance of smoke. The kitchen window blew out and sucked all the smoke out, and a pair of firefighters were then able to go in and use extinguishers to delay the spread.

A total of 16 firefighters and three trucks assisted at the scene. Shorter said most firefighters were able to depart the scene in about an hour.

878 views0 comments
bottom of page