A nationwide warrant has been issued for a 53-year-old Worthington man accused of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a child under age 8.
Rene Canales – also known as Octavio Mendez – is being sought following an investigation due to a criminal complaint by the victim's family. After visiting Sanford Worthington Medical Center, the victim said that “Octavio” touched the victim's private parts on multiple occasions. During visits to Child's Voice in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the victim reported that Canales digitally penetrated the victim's private parts on numerous occasions in the victim's bedroom. Due to this, the child has also tested positive for the herpes virus.
Canales left his job at Toro in Windom before 7 a.m. on Oct. 19 for what he said was a family emergency, and has disappeared since then. The warrant is ongoing, and Canales is still missing.