top of page

New comprehensive plan on Monday council agenda

The Worthington City Council on Monday will consider approval of a proposal from a consulting firm to assist the city with the development of a new comprehensive plan.


Seven proposals were received, with staff eventually interviewing three firms and selecting SRF Consulting Group of Minneapolis as the finalist. Staff has since worked with SRF to finalize the scope of work. The total cost is $116,023.75; the city presently has $100,000 budgeted.


Also Monday, council members are slated to consider the lone bid received for a snow equipment roof replacement project at the Worthington Municipal Airport. Tri-State General Contracting bid $198,041 on the project; the estimated cost was $204,968, which means the contractor's bid came in at 3.3% under the estimate.


The roof replacement project is part of a State of Minnesota Aeronautics Grant and will be contingent on the Worthington Municipal Airport receiving the grant. The state will contribute 70% of the cost for the project, with the city of Worthington responsible for the remaining 30%.


In another matter, the council is scheduled to vote on having Short Elliott Hendrickson overseeing construction and administration for the upcoming Sunset Parking Lot reconstruction project. The proposed cost for these services is estimated at be $45,436.


Previously, council members during their March 27 meeting accepted a bid from Ideal Landscaping and Design to work on the project.







114 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page