top of page

Fire causes severe damage to rural Wilmont home

The Wilmont and Fulda fire departments responded late Sunday morning to an attic fire in the 24000 block of 150th Street in rural Wilmont.

Wilmont Fire Department Chief Steve Joens said Monday morning that the attic fire was in a two-story home, and that firefighters were dispatched to the residence at 11:48 a.m. Joens explained that the fire had burned the through the second-story ceiling into the attic, and that there was severe damage as a result.

The home is the property of Frank and Twyla Larson. Joens said two residents were home at the time, smelled smoke and discovered the source of the fire, and were able to get out of the home safely. Joens said the fire was possibly electrical in nature and connected to a bathroom ceiling fan.

Joens said Wilmont firefighters left the scene shortly before 3:15 p.m.

1,744 views0 comments
bottom of page