Ezra Bonnett and Ivy Jenson have been selected as District 518's Academics, Arts and Athletics Award winners for 2023.
Each year as a member of the Minnesota State High School League, District 518 choses a male and female in the senior class for the Triple 'A' Award, which honors high school seniors throughout the state who have a 3.0 or higher-grade point average and who participate in League-sponsored athletic and fine arts activities. The criteria includes:
* Being a high school senior at the time of nomination. Schools may nominate one senior boy and one senior girl for this award.
* Having a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of nomination.
* Participating in at least one League-sponsored athletic program and one arts/activity program.
* Complying with the MSHSL's Student Code of Conduct.
* Completing the application form and submitting it to the administrative region secretary by the deadline date specified by the region committee.
Bonnett and Jenson will move onto consideration by the regional committee. A male and female regional Triple A Award winner for Class A and Class AA are named for consideration at the state level.
Bonnett has been involved in band, choir, orchestra, WHS Musical, cross country and boys tennis. Jenson has been involved in band, choir, orchestra, girls tennis, gymnastics, track and the Worthington Area Stingrays Swim Team. Both of these seniors have experience as being featured musicians, soloists, ensembles, section leaders, team captains, and more – on top of doing well and working hard in the classroom.