top of page

Early morning fire causes damage at Hickory Lodge

Worthington firefighters were dispatched in the wee hours of Saturday to a fire at the Hickory Lodge Bar & Grill on North Humiston Avenue.


Worthington Fire Chief Pat Shorter said firefighters were paged at 3:18 a.m. He explained that equipment was found on fire inside the structure in the Hickory Lodge’s location inside the Norwood Inn. The fire had been in the kitchen area. No one was working in the Hickory Lodge at the time; there was staff working at the Norwood Inn front desk.


The fire was located in the kitchen area, Shorter said, and firefighters used an extinguishing agent followed by water to get the scene under control. Shorter noted there was considerable smoke damage inside the restaurant as well as some ceiling tile damage. He said that extensive cleaning and some repairs will be necessary at the restaurant.


A total of 26 firefighters responded and were at the scene until around 6:30 a.m. The state fire marshal visited the site later Saturday morning and an investigation is continuing.


Arond and Shaila Peil, who operate the Hickory Lodge Bar & Grill, posted a statement on social media Saturday afternoon that said: Due to an overnight fire at Hickory, we unfortunately will not be opening until we can get everything cleaned up and safely back in order. We're more than happy to serve you during this time at our other location: The Mav Grill, 1290 Ryan's Road, (507) 343-0627. Thanks for your understanding and support.”




1,196 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page