Nobles County encouraging businesses to apply for latest round of COVID relief

WORTHINGTON – The latest COVID Relief Grant through Nobles County is accepting applications for funding. The county received an approximate $433,000 for allocating to businesses and organizations that were adversely affected by the pandemic and the executive orders that shuttered doors or caused loss of income.


The Worthington Economic Development Authority on Tuesday heard from Nobles County Assistant Administrator and Emergency Management Director Bruce Heitkamp regarding the program.


Heitkamp said the county is taking lessons learned from the first round of CARES Act funding and applying them to this round, which is a tenth of the funding received earlier this year

.

While the main focus of the grants will be for those affected by the executive orders, the commissioners are looking for stories from other affected businesses and non-profits also. The application asks for written explanations of how an entity was impacted by COVID, how pre-COVID 2019 business differed from 2020, and how any relief funds granted would be used.


The strongest message the county wants to send out, Heitkamp said, is that people need to apply and tell their stories.


“If someone has a story to tell, we want to hear it,” Heitkamp said. “We are encouraging people to apply. Maybe not everyone will get funding, but at least we want to get their application to the table.”


Applications must be received by February 12, and funding must be sent out by March 15.


The application, which includes an affidavit and a Department of Revenue form for release of tax information, can be found on the county website at co.nobles.mn.us.



303 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All